Meridian are looking for a quantity surveyor on projects across Ireland and the UK. Ideally candidates will have experience in the Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Power Generation, Oil & Gas industry. This position will involve regular travel between Ireland and the UK and will need to be primarily based in Waterford, Ireland. The right candidates will have a proven track record of at least 5 years experience and be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge in this field with equally strong organisation and analytical skills within a fast paced and multifaceted role..
The job duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- To prepare and furnish up to date costs to the client and based on project re-measure.
- Work closely with the project planner to develop the Monthly progress applications.
- Ensure all contract variations are captured from engineering deviations and site requests.
- Prepare in-house monthly commercial reports and ensure complete control over all commercial aspects of the project.
- Monitoring earned values and calculations of spend v's earned values on a weekly basis.
- To ensure participation in handover of construction meetings for any and all projects concerned.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, prepare CCS's for the projects and update as required.
- Ensure maximum profitability on projects under his / her control by pro-actively approaching your duties and exercising commercial acumen.
- Prepare cash flows and update as necessary - analyse timing of sales and costs.
- Ensure good working relationships with clients portraying yourself as a professional company and as a respectable organisation, by ensuring that client correspondence / documentation is prepared in a professional manner - close links established with key client personnel.
- Compile monthly reports as directed by the Commercial Manager / Operations Manager.
- Carry out monthly measure on site and prepare in term evaluation to include all values relating to labour materials management, plant and equipment and escalation.
- Monitor progress on site, ensure that where applicable claims for recovery of loss and expenses are submitted timeously and agreed with client, liaising with Project Manager and refer to the appropriate conditions of contract.
- High light to the Commercial Manager / Operations Manager areas in which target cost and sales are not being achieved by means of a monthly report.
- Comply with company procedures in relation to commercial matters.
- Assist in the development of the company by developing contacts within the industry.
- Monitor activities of the Junior Quantity Surveyor by checking work completed and quality.
- Any other adhoc duties as assigned from time to time.
Expected levels of Education, Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying and/or electrical engineering. Trade back-round is also an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quantity survey functions for E&I contracting industry operations. Technical and practical knowledge of all phases of contract development, award, administration and close-out relating to a multi-discipline construction project.
- Knowledgeable of current industry and technical developments.
- Strong working knowledge of administering FIDIC or ICE and other similar contract formulation standards.
- Proven track record with recognised international standard contracting companies.
- Good communication skills and strong English capability.
- Must be capable of preparing "MTO's" and compiling the Actual Construction Measure.
- Capability to accept responsibilities and accomplish project objectives in a timely manner.
- Computer literate especially with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Position is available to start immediately.
Salary is negotiable depending on the experience.
If you are interested then apply directly to the job adverts, call Matthew Cooper on 01273 220001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.