You will like
Working for one of the largest specialist dry lining contractors in the UK with a turnover in the region of £75m, part of major contracting group, majoring on civil engineering and operating across the UK and Ireland. This successful & growing division portfolio of delivered projects range in value from £500k to £21m and include major hospitals, education facilities, airports, stadiums, shopping centres and some of the UK’s most prestigious commercial and high-end residential buildings, all delivered for the UK's most respected contractors and clients.
More specifically, they provide a range of dry lining services and turn key washroom fit outs to clients in London and the South East, covering both residential and commercial developments. This portfolio of work includes internationally recognised landmarks and a range of developments for the UK's largest house builders and developers.
This is a company with name and reputation that can open doors with clients and a professional approach to work-winning. Culture wise they care about employees and are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction
You will like
The job as Quantity Surveyor itself based onsite at major developments in North London, where you will be working within a dynamic and expanding commercial team.
This is a permanent role, enabling you to advance your career and broaden your experience, working with one of UK's most succesful contractors. As Quantity Surveyor, you’ll be responsible for the management and implementation of the commercial function on appointed projects. More specifically:
- Stakeholder management – suppliers, sub-contractors, client
- Cost management and reporting – budgets through to final account
- Change management and innovation – facilitate continuous improvement
- Procurement – quality, negotiation, maximized profit
- Contractual compliance and risk management
- Sub-contract/special supplies administration
- Lead, develop and mentor less experienced team members
You will have
To be successful as Quantity Surveyor you will have:
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying or other relevant business discipline (or be working towards).
- Previous Quantity Surveying experience.
- Proven trade contractor experience, preferably drylining.
- Sound commercial acumen.
You will get
As Quantity Surveyor you will enjoy competitive salary, generous annual leave & comprehensive benefits package:
- Salary is competive likely £35K-£50K negotiable
- Car allowance of £5K+
- 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thursday, 09.00am to 5.30pm (1 hour lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½ hour lunch).
- 26 days holiday per annum (*Plus Bank Holidays)
- Travel expenses paid
- Income protection
After probation (6 months from start date):
- Pension: 5% employee and 6.98% employer
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan