Our large manufacturing client based in Rochdale requires an experienced Manufacturing Engineering to join their team on a Permanent basis.
Rate - £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 depending on experience
Hours - Days, Monday to Friday (flexibility is required due to the nature of the role)
To provide advice and guidance to Managers and personnel on the most effective and efficient engineering / production processes to meet production demand, including the setting up and maintenance of all associated production data on the company ERP system.
- Initiate, install and review manufacturing processes, documentation, tools, plant and computer information to ensure that operations run successfully and effectively to meet production targets.
- Recommend and assist in the introduction of any modification to process to meet customers' current and future requirements.
- Review and evaluate new equipment and processes to ensure they meet requirements of production in respect of quality and cost.
- Review and recommend changes as part of a continuous improvement culture in order to improve efficiency, effectiveness and product quality.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the field of manufacturing engineering processes to ensure our client remain at the forefront of the relevant processes.
- Assist associated departments, e.g. Quality / Production in identifying root cause issues in areas where productivity levels have been compromised.
- Conduct observation and analysis of personnel and work procedures to create and input accurate routing information for labour/machines on existing and new jobs.
- Assist other departments in the data input of any existing or changes to the BOMs for our clients components.
- Liaise closely with all relevant departments, e.g. Sales, Quality, Production and Materials to ensure the above requirements of the role run efficiently.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by Management.
Education / Experience:
- HNC level or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in an industrial environment.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of working in a production engineering role.
- Knowledge of key manufacturing and Continuous Improvement (CI) techniques.
- Experience of carrying out detailed process timings.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge and experience of IT systems, in particular company ERP software. (Syspro experience advantageous.)
- Holding an IMS Time Study or Rating certificate or nationally recognised alternative advantageous.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and progressive company who are at the very forefront of their industry.
Please apply for this role online or for more information, please contact Wendy Coulson at Bamford Contract Services.
To view more jobs from Bamford Contract Services, Find us on Facebook bamfordcs or follow us on Twitter bamfordcs.