Excellent opportunity to create and develop a new children's home residential service with the support of a dependable senior management team.
You will be joining a preferred provider of therapeutic residential care for children with emotional behavioural difficulties and mental health problems.
Within this role you can expect:
- a beautifully kept home with tasteful décor and furnishings where all of the young people get to choose how their bedroom is decorated
- a classroom within the home where education is delivered according to each child's need by a team of qualified teachers (this service has been rated as "good" by Ofsted"
- the support of an internal team of therapists
- an extensive training provision for you and your staff both on-line and face to face
- continual support from senior managers to help you with identifying and delivering your team's training needs, finding and matching new young people for your home, HR and recruitment of staff
- bonuses and salary increments according to ratings and your professional performance
The successful applicant will hold a NVQ / QCF Level 5 Children and Young People Leadership and Management and experience of managing staff within a home for young people who have experienced trauma.
Your key duties and responsibilities within this role will be:
- To be responsible for the management, co-ordination and development of a range of quality services for young people accommodated within the home.
- To provide operational management of the staff team and to deploy appropriate staff resources in order that key tasks are fulfilled.
- Ensure that effective finance budgets, control, administration and records comply with expectations and procedures.
- Participation in an out of hours ‘On-Call’ rota.