Summary of the role
As a Registered Nurse - Nights in one of our nursing homes, you will be responsible for the wellbeing of our residents, ensuring that their physical, clinical, emotional and social needs are being met. You will be in charge of the care team when you are on duty, ensuring that you lead and motivate them to complete their job roles to the high standards we set. Using your clinical knowledge, you will be able to assist the management team in carrying out assessments and updating care plans to ensure our residents receive personalised care. On the floor, you will be able to monitor the care team and make sure that all policies and regulations are being adhered to. This position is for 3 nights per week.
* NMC registered
* A passion for working with the elderly
* Ability to lead and motivate a team
* Vast amount of clinical knowledge
* Kind and compassionate personality
* Excellent communication skills
* Good paperwork skills and experience in writing care plans
Accountable to: Manager, Area Manager
Functional, Professional and Administrative
1. To maintain a current registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC)
2. To be aware of the N.M.C. code of professional conduct and Health and Safety requirements.
3. To maintain nursing skills at a current level and undertake such training and development as may from time-to- time be required to maintain that currency of practice.
4. To provide nursing care in accordance with current best practice, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations under the direction of the Home Manager, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time.
5. To supervise the services within the Home in accordance with agreed standards
6. To supervise work of other staff working the shift and provide leadership to the care and nursing functions of the Home.
7. To prepare and receive reports at shift changes.
8. To assist in the direction and training of other staff.
To participate in the development and implementation of activities and outings, to give a better quality of life for all residents.
10. To follow the nursing care plan and discuss with the Manager any progress, changes required or further ideas as and when they arise, at an appointed time.
11. To ensure any residents receive special diets as ordered, and to participate in the meal time routine.
12. To maintain any such records and charts as may have been previously notified.
13. To be fully conversant with the procedures for dealing with resident enquiries, and to assist in the reception and admission of residents in accordance with the standing procedures.
14. To have regard to the condition and serviceability of equipment within the Home and to liaise with Home Manager in this respect.
15. To have regard at all times to the aims and ideals of the management of the Nursing Home and to maintain good order and discipline within the Home.
16. To ensure adequate staff cover for each shift.
17. To receive and distribute mail to all residents, and the management as necessary.
18. To communicate with residents, relatives and visitors and to refer to the Manager as necessary.
19. To perform any such duty as may be necessary to ensure the smooth efficient running of the Home, and to maintain the welfare and wellbeing of all residents
TBC - Full job description available upon application