Removals Operations Manager - London - £30K + Bonus - VR/20688
The Company & Role:
Our client, a removals company based in London, is currently looking for an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager is a key role within the business as they are primarily responsible for the running of the entire fleet and diary. This role is crucial to the planning and day to day running of the business.
- Overseeing vehicles and crew.
- Ensuring that each job confirmed by the estimator or the office is accurately entered on our removals software as per their quote.
- Allocating the correct amount of resources for each job and remaining within estimated costs.
- Ensure that the diary is always accurate and that the correct vehicles and men are allocated at any given time.
- Communicating with the estimator on all aspects of the removal and advising them of the actuals of the job.
- Checking over the removals job sheets for the next day and make sure that each job is provisioned correctly.
- Inputting the actuals of each removal to ensure our operating costs remain effective.
- Regularly analyze supplier costs to ensure we are getting the best price on maintenance and materials.
- All aspects of fleet maintenance including but not limited to, servicing of vans, taxing of vans, tyre checks, tail lift services, MOTs.
- Oversee, schedule and confirm all shifts for the crew and notify them of their work schedule.
- Maintain stock levels of packing materials and equipment needed for removals.
- Ensure the vehicle tracking is always functioning and schedule trackers for services where required.
- Keep an eye on the teams on removals, call them to ensure the job is running smoothly and that they are working within time frames.
- Recruitment of Removal Crew.
- Staff training and development.
- This Operations Assistant position will be predominantly office based but on the odd occasion will be required out on the road assisting with removals and deliveries.
Skills and Experience Required:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in removals, they will however consider someone from a logistical background.
- Work well under pressure.
- Have excellent problem solving abilities.
- A good team player who is willing to listen and also learn from others.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally, verbal and written.
- There would be a great deal of liaising with the crew on the job. Therefore maintaining internal relationships is of the utmost importance.
- They would need to be confident, knowledgeable and professional in front of clients as the role will involve plenty of client interaction.
- Must be flexible and willing to assist in areas outside their job role if required.
Monday - Friday with occasional weekend work / telephone handling.
Working Hours: 7am to 5pm / 8am to 6pm TBC.
The Operations Assistant will be offered a salary in the region of £30K + Bonus plus Business phone, Laptop with use of transit van when required
If you wish to apply, please email the Removals team of Red Recruit, on email@example.com quoting reference VR/20688