Are you an experienced Service Engineer looking to work for an established OEM of Robotic equipment? Want to work for a business that look after their staff and offer overtime, flexibility towards time off and a strong training package? Then we want to hear from you!
They're a global business with over 600 staff and a presence in every continent. They specialize in providing automation solutions in the form of multi axis robots, to provide pick and place, palletization and sortation solutions designed specifically for the press and moulding industry.
Benefits including an excellent base salary of Circa £40K per annum for the right person, Overtime paid for any weekends at Time & 1/2 Saturday, Double Time Sunday, Company Car & Fuel card, 33 days holiday including bank holidays, Private Pension, and an option of a private health care scheme
Responsibilities for the role include -
- Installation, Commissioning & Service of robotic equipment which are installed and integrated onto production lines within manufacturing companies.
- Programming of Bespoke PLC's and controls on the robot equipment
- Routine service, checks and breakdown maintenance
- Heavily involved with commissioning of projects and updating software on the Robots
- Providing end user support to customers as well as training and demonstration delivery
- Having an autonomous 'hands on' approach managing of workload and time constraints to ensure the delivery of projects effectively
This role represents and excellent opportunity to work in a growing business within a solid and stable market, and will enjoy a high degree of freedom in helping evolve and develop this crucial position.
There is a robust training package with this role too, due to the bespoke nature of the robots and their PLC's, candidates MUST be prepared to spend time overseas for training at head office, 10 weeks training in total booked in blocks of 4 weeks at a time.
Nationwide travel is expected, however the business do aim to keep engineers as regional as possible.
We would love to hear from you've previously worked in any of the following roles -
- Service Engineer, Robotics Technician, Commissioning Engineering, Robot Programmer
- Electrically bias, ideally holding an NVQ level 3 in electrical engineering
- Have a solid understanding of programming PLC's
- Willingness to travel nationally and be flexible when required
The business are prepared to be as flexible and supportive as possible, overnight stays and extensive travel is ideally kept to a minimum, but the business requires an individual who is prepared to do both when necessary. In return the company can be equally flexible when needing time off or working around other engagements
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.