Robotic Software Engineer
£25,000 - £35,000 per annum (based on experience)
Our client based within the Stourbridge are looking for a Robotic Software Engineer to join their growing team.
- Developing algorithms to perform mapping, localization, sensor fusion and ultimately autonomous navigation
- Improving and maintaining robotics software systems to make sure they are well-architected, tested and supported.
- Applicants will have the opportunity to work on projects providing robotic solutions worldwide. Support and training will be given to allow you to develop within the role.
- The implementation will primarily focus on Python & C++ (Windows and Linux) in the fields of autonomy, control, image and data processing.
Bachelors, Master's or PhD in computer science, software engineering or a related discipline (2:1 or above)
- Advanced proficiency in Python, C++
- 3+ years developing algorithms and solving problems in computer vision, image processing and robotic software
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Passion to solve difficult problems in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Deep learning and machine vision including computer vision libraries: OpenCV, PCL, etc
- ROS, SLAM and / or other robotic systems. Experience working with and integrating depth information (e.g., Stereo, LiDAR)
- Strong numerical and mathematical skills
- Enthused to learn new technology.
Experience in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Path planning
- Embedded Real-time systems
- Knowledge of data mining/machine learning /deep learning algorithms
- Software verification and deployment
Having been involved in previous projects in one or several of the following areas is also desirable:
- Autonomous Planning
- Image processing
- Data Analysis
- Modelling and Simulation
Hours: 37.5 hours per week