The position comes with a choice of a company car and fuel or mileage. Your main area would be north of Birmingham visiting places such as Derby, Bradford, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle with occasional visits to Scotland.
A Sales Engineer background and an understanding of chemicals would be a distinct advantage in this role, although full training will be given on the company’s specific products. It is crucial that you can build strong relationships with the customers through face to face meetings and professional phone calls.
As a Sales Engineer, your duties would include:
- Following up enquiries, company quotes and product information.
- Building and maintaining long lasting relationships.
- Making site visits to customer meetings.
- Matching products for clients.
- Tendering, negotiating and revisions to orders.
The ideal Sales Engineer would have:
- Excellent face to face and phone communication skills.
- Technical sector, maths, science or chemical experience.
- Self-motivation with a flexible attitude to work.
- The ability to make technical assessments.
- Organisations skills to manage their diary.
In return, the Sales Engineer would receive a salary of between £35k and £40k dependant on skills, experience and qualifications. The successful candidate would receive a company car plus fuel or mileage. Usual working hours would be 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Mon-Fri with an optional early finish of 2 pm every other Friday. There would be a need for some flexibility in working times when visiting clients. There is a shutdown across Christmas and the New Year holidays. Benefits include generous pension contributions, sick pay insurance and death in service cover. There are future progressions within the company for committed, driven staff.