Seafreight Export Operator - VR/20307
The Company & Role:
Our client, an international freight and logistics company, is looking for an Export Operator to join their team within their Tilbury depot.
- Organising the day-to-day running of specific export operational duties for designated destinations for LCL/FCL Cargoes.
- Liaising on a daily basis with departments and overseas clients and partners in an operational manner relevant to the trade lanes of responsibility.
- Correctly and efficiently preparing, creating and executing completed documents relating to export consignments.
- Attending to all designated destination export customs documents and facilities, via MultiFreight system.
- Attending and responding to all received letters, e-mails, faxes, messages and other media in relation to daily operational matters.
- Monitoring and reporting where possible, all export consignments within designated destinations to all UK and overseas sources where relevant.
- Ensuring completion of all consignment tasks.
- Becoming appropriately conversant in the regulations, cultures and laws of those designated countries served.
- Being aware of and practicing, specific duties in relation to the legal movement of all hazardous goods.
- Being aware of and practicing, cost effective, profitable, economical structures and methods of shipment where required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Problem solving capability.
- Able to be flexible and work long hours when required.
- Able to work accurately and to deadlines and targets.
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written).
- Able to work in fast-paced multi-user environment.
- Strong decision making skills.
- IT literate.
- Must have 2 years Export Operations experience.
You will receive a competitive salary dependant on previous experience.
If you're interested, click apply now, or email your CV to our Shipping Team on email@example.com