Seafreight Import Clerk - VR/19848
The Company & Role:
Our client, a global freight forwarder based in Suffolk requires an Seafreight Import Clerk to join their team.
- Liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers
- Receiving pre-alerts from overseas agents
- Creating files both manually and on the computer system
- Advising customers of arrival of cargo into the UK
- Planning loads and sending load lists to agents
- Arranging LCL/FCL deliveries
- Checking manifests once received
- Receiving and checking relevant import documentation and passing on to shipping lines
- Customs clearance
- Planning and arranging deliveries
- Charging files
- Passing purchase invoices and dealing with any queries
- Candidates MUST have relevant experience in a similar role to be able to undertake the duties required.
You will receive a salary depending on previous experience.
If you're interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the Shipping team on firstname.lastname@example.org.