Senior Backend Developer
Castle IT division are looking for an experienced backend developer to help drive a varied of key projects for a large forward thinking company with an extensive IT division. We are looking for someone with a passion for technology, with a drive to create exciting, innovate products.
Role and Responsibilities
- Designing and building new features and services
- Developing new REST APIs
- Writing unit tests to ensure high code coverage
- Reviewing team members code to ensure a high-standard
- Mentoring and supporting other team members
- Estimating time and planning for implementation
- Suggesting and investigating alternative technologies to solve business issues
- Monitoring traffic and reviewing server performance
- Ensuring documentation is correct and up-to-date
- Training and knowledge transfer to the team
- Leading the team to ensure standards and processes are met and followed
- Maintaining the database systems
- Developing the Continuous Integration system
- Create and maintain server configurations and provisioning
- Debugging and resolving bugs and performance issues
Skill and Experience
We are looking for someone with a strong background in Backend development, with a minimum of 3-4 years commercial experiences with the following skill sets:
- Solid development experience in a commercial environment.
- Solid understanding of modern PHP development.
- Experience with PHP frameworks; preferably Symfony or Laravel
- Commercial experience with version control in a team environment
- Ability to approach existing code, grasp its purpose and make changes confidently
- Experience with writing unit & integration tests
- Knowledge of coding standards and their application
- Experience with LAMP stack architecture, particularly in a cloud environment
- Experience with Docker & Ansible
- Continuous integration
- Mentoring a team
- Security conscious approach to development
- Understanding of caching and cache strategies
Experience with any of these technologies would also be a bonus:
- Elasticsearch/Elastic Stack
There are varied of benefits including:
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Flexitime package
- free on-site gym
- Incremental holiday bonus scheme - up to 5 days extra
- Staff discount scheme
- Free work wear provided
- Free staff nights out and events
- On site creche available
- Free hot drinks
If you are interested in this role or would like more information please do call Castle on 01723 500643 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Castle Employment is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us.
Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.