This hugely successful UK design and manufacturing company require a seasoned Senior Buyer with Electronics sourcing experience to join their team. You will be adept at negotiating and driving down cost in the electronics global arena, whilst developing supplier relations.
- Lead the negotiations of contractual terms and conditions to ensure agreements represent the best interests of the organisation.
- Negotiate on existing and new contracts to ensure best cost/service efficiency to the business.
- Proactively striving for cost reduction and process improvements across the entire supply chain.
- Manage UK and international suppliers to ensure there is a professional and effective client relationship.
- Ensure compliance procedures are met.
- Participate in NPI meeting from a procurement perspective. Reviewing existing procurement systems and implementing new processes.
- Previous electronic component level procurement experience is essential and an understanding of the electronic components market to ensure correct sourcing.
- Strong ERP/MRP and materials management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Sage 200.
- Demonstrative experience of procuring goods and services on behalf of a complex engineering/technical business, ideally within the electronics sector.
- Experience of international sourcing.
- CIPS qualification.
- MCIPS or degree qualified desirable, but not essential
- ISO 9001:2015 experience
- Experience of JIT Supply Chain Management
- Excellent communication skills and have good attention to detail.
- An appetite for hitting targets and deadlines.
- An inquisitive mind and a passion for cutting edge technology.
- Company Pension
Working Hours: 8.30-5 Monday to Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.