Senior Development Engineer
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
In this role you will need to manage and develop Design For Service (DFS) and quality tools, and coordinate with the central Field Service to improve serviceability of abatement, pump and integrated systems. Critical review of the current Product Commercialisation Process (PCP) to ensure the most up-to-date methodologies are utilised and implemented according to the VSS best practice. Improve current processes to and drive continuous improvement to ensure aftersales products and services achieve a world class standard of serviceability and profitability.
The broad activities of this role are to:
* Support and manage product development for the Field Service function;
* Support the validation of design at the earliest stages of the NPI design process;
* Explore and introduce new technologies and tools into the NPI process;
* Communicate with central field service team to ensure functional requirements are fulfilled;
* Accountable for adherence of all Field Service PCP deliverables and completion of stage gates for NPI projects;
* Support and embed serviceability as first in mind for all new products ensuring safety, sustainable growth and reliability are considered at all stages throughout the NPI process;
* Active involvement in all design reviews and central point for feedback to the Field Service team; and to
* Represents the voice of field service within the Product Company for the division.
This position will be responsible for influencing the design of new products and ensuring that serviceability is considered throughout the product commercialisation process on all Exhaust Management Systems.
Critical feedback of the current Product Commercialisation Process (PCP) to ensure the most up-to-date methodologies are utilised and implemented according to the VSS best practice. Improve current processes to and drive continuous improvement to ensure aftersales products and services achieve a world class standard of serviceability and profitability.
* Infrequent travel between sites for training and project familiarisation will be required.
* This role will report the Field Service NPI Manager but will collaborate with the product company NPI team, to ensure that field service is represented throughout the whole NPI process.
* The role will require strong technical and/or design skills and the ability to influence designs at an early stage.
* The role will encompass developing new processes and techniques and embedding them into the Product Commercialisation Process, whilst ensuring all improvements are aligned with operations and central field service functions.
* Team work and the ability to work effectively across a broad range of functions, presenting progress updates and providing input to management reports is essential for this role.
* Working on multiple projects at any given time, focusing on delivering products which are optimised for sustainable service growth and low Total Cost of Ownership.
* Responsible for governing and supporting the field service roll-out plan into the product company and aligning field service deliverables to the NPI process
* Close liaisons and communication with technical, applications, NPI and product management teams is required in this role to assess risks and understand future impact on aftersales operations.
* Strong technical/engineering knowledge and a willingness to develop self and others.
* Systems integration knowledge including hardware and control systems would be preferable.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills.
* Ability to manage and prioritise activities and workload.
* Team work and the ability to work closely and effectively across a broad range of different functions.
* Previous experience of working in a New Product Introduction (NPI) environment or stage-gate process.
* Ability to communicate and present in a professional to all levels of the business.
* Bachelor or Master Degree in mechanical engineering / mechatronics and or equivalent in a relevant discipline of HNC/HND in Mechanical engineering
* Experience of Six Sigma tools and /or problem solving process.
* Excellent project management skills.
* Experience of Design for service tools such as; Lean engineering, design for manufacture/service.
|Location||Clevedon, Somerset||Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Salary||£35000 - £40000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
Senior Development Engineer