Senior Logistics Co-Ordinator
To take a lead role in the day to day running of the Logistics Department and to deputise in the absence of the Logistics Manager
The role of the Logistics Co-Ordinator will be responsible for supporting the Logistics Manager. They will play a key role in driving forward the Logistics and Despatch areas with new strategies in a changing environment. They will be seen as a direct support for the Logistics Manager and second in line within the Logistics team. This role will be responsible for the following functions within the Logistics department :
You will be experienced in using SAP within the Sales and Distribution process. You will have knowledge of freight forwarding and customer interface. Strong communication skills are essential with an ability to meet challenges head on and be proactive in resolving issues.
You will be supported on a daily basis by the Logistics Manager and also the Logistics and Dispatch team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a fast-paced manufacturing Company.
Role Related Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Personal Attributes
Qualifications or Functional Experience
· Qualifications in either Freight Forwarding or Materials Management Diploma level or equivalent
· At least 3 years experience in an automotive / manufacturing environment within a Logistics Role
· Previous Supervisory role within a Manufacturing environment
System or Knowledge
· SAP Sales & Distribution Knowledge
· Freight Forwarding knowledge
· Good IT Skills and is therefore competent in using Excel / Word / Power point
· Good presentation skills
· Understanding of principles of Six Sigma / Lean
· Team and also self motivated
· Complete finisher
· Able to work under pressure
· Excellent communications skills
· Full driving license