For the right candidate with Mechanical Design and Automated Manufacturing experience the company can offer a salary in the region of £45000pa, Death in Service Insurance, Contributory Pension Scheme and 25 Days Hols + Stats.
Multi-Site partner to a number of the UK's leading manufacturing and production companies.
Preparation of system-level design specifications
Mechanical systems design and development
Extracting & interpreting customer requirements
Contributing to external & internal design reviews
Leading Value Engineering Process
Assisting system integration, test and validation
Configuration control within ISO9001:2015 procedures & SolidWorks Vault
Support production activities
Preparing documentation for system operation & maintenance
For this position we would love to see the following skills, attributes and experiences on your application:
- An appropriate engineering degree or equivalent (desirable)
- Significant experience in the mechanical design of automated systems
- Experience with delivering systems into manufacturing environments
- Enthusiasm to create and deliver innovative automated solutions
- Expert knowledge of component parts including pneumatics, motors, drives, encoders etc from major suppliers
- Working familiarity with CAD environment, preferably SolidWorks
- Ability to interpret customer specifications & evaluate customer products & designs
- Ability to employ engineering techniques to produce robust, innovative solutions
- Familiarity with Machinery safety directive, PUWER, CE Marking
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Systems and procedures
- Ability to take a leading role as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team
- A focus on meeting project deadlines & budgets
- An ability to contribute to multiple concurrent jobs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
If you are fortunate to be offered the position you will receive an annual basic salary in the region of £42000 - £45000, a contributory pension scheme, death in service insurance and 25 days holidays plus statutory holidays.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Engineering & Manufacturing, IT and Supply Chain & Procurement. We also recruit for Business Support roles & Executive level positions. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.