Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer looking to move to a senior position? Do you thrive in technical environments? Would you be interested in a role involving advanced materials technology equipment?
If so, you will be interested to learn of a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer position that has become available in large advanced production equipment environment. You, the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be using your in-depth engineering knowledge to work on bespoke projects. You will be the primary communicator to our technical sales team in all aspects of design including CAD Modelling and the associated technical documentation.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Duties
- Involved in the design of various types of equipment and systems including:-
- Pneumatic, Induction heating, Pressure, Water, Hydraulic, Vacuum and High-pressure Gas
- Use of awareness of pressure standards (European), directives and critical pressure safety systems.
- Working closely with the Project Engineering team. You will work to agreed deadlines.
- Bills of Materials which will include, components, items purchased and sub-assemblies.
- Actively participate in problem-solving tasks with the Design Office Team.
- Engage in technical knowledge building tasks and take part in training requirements within the business.
- Use your 3D CAD experience to effectively provide professional skills for the design of company systems/equipment.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years' experience. With both Solidworks OR Inventor software.
- Multiple areas of technical knowledge along with strong business skills. You will be meticulous with good attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles & standards. (Preferably PD5500)
Experience/Ability in the design of some or all of the following. Pneumatic, Induction heating, Pressure, Water, Hydraulic, Vacuum and High-pressure Gas
- Hand calculations and Software analysis.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and be quick to solve engineering problems.
- Full UK Driving Licence and ability to travel globally
- Annual Profit January to December Pro-rata membership in Year-1, Full Sharing Scheme
- Pension Auto-enrolment membership of Company pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private Health Insurance
You will be working alongside talented engineers working on highly technical environments. If you enjoy a challenge and are a natural problem solver and have experience in the design of special-purpose machinery or bespoke equipment, this will be highly suited to you.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.