Leading international manufacturer based in East Sussex, are currently seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Designer to develop, define, 3D Model and produce engineering drawing packages in support of the manufacture of new product designs.
The Senior Designer will be embedded in the New Product (NPI) team, developing concepts for the new products based on a Marketing Requirement Specification and will ensure the technology chosen will meet the required product cost targets. The Design Engineer will be accountable for their designs and be able to reasonably argue his/her decisions made within the design. You will ensure that agreed schedules, budgets and deliverables are met to ensure that the assigned New Product Development projects deliver the specified product to the Product Company to agreed timescales and budgets.
Aesthetics and a flair to create a modern looking product is essential to this role.
To be able to considered for the position you should possess the following:
- Degree in Engineering Discipline (lower qualification with more experience will be considered.)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a 3D CAD Designer preferably in an electronics development environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability 3D Model and produce an Engineering Package for manufacturing.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to design using cost effective methods of manufacturing and production assembly.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Must have experience in packaging electronics and a good knowledge electronics design and manufacturing.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of a range of materials
Knowledge of differing manufacturing processes including:
- Sheetmetal Design and fabrication
- Machined parts
- Injection Moulding
- Sand Casting
- Investment Casting
- Low Pressure die Casting
- High Pressure die Casting
- Rapid prototyping techniques
The company are offering a competitive salary, 25 days holiday + 8 bank holiday, great benefits and a bonus scheme.