Senior Mechanical Engineer is required to join a multi-disciplinary R&D team to help improve and maintain mechanical designs due to quality or supply issues, or through identified design improvements. Develop mechanical system design solutions, using a combination of theoretical and empirical design approaches.
As the successful Senior Mechanical Engineer you will come from a strong background in an instrumentation development environment with specific experience of some of precision mechanics, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, design of mechanisms, product design, motor drives or control theory.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Experience & Responsibilities:
- Involved with the development of new instrumentation solutions to help improve the capability and performance of existing products
- Have a Mechanical Engineering degree at a 2:1 or above or equivalent experience, preferably Chartered or working towards Chartership
- Experience with manufacturing process such as moulding, casting, machining (CNC), Additive, Sheet metal and finishing processes.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team, including Software, Systems, and Electronics.
- Fault finding and problem solving preferably using Lean tools and methodology.
- Experience in requirements capture, generating specifications, knowledge capture and report writing.
- Solve problems as they relate to mechanical engineering issues, working closely with other technical specialists as necessary
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join an established organisation, with excellent stakeholder management and ability to build relationships both internally and externally, you will have previous experience of mentoring others within the team.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.