You will like
Operating within innovative waste to energy engineering firm in small scale waste to energy with diverse projects that are environmentally sustainable, implementing resilient infrastructure that is effective & positive. They are offer expertise, products and services in pyrolysis, gasification & oxidation . Due to sustainable business growth this is a great opportuninty toplay a lead technical & management role in product development for a fascinating company poised for exponential growth in UK & internationally.
Crucially you will play a leaderhip role in a ZERO landfill future, dealing with waste at source and recovering economic and environmental value
You will like
The Senior Product Development Engineer job itself where you will be responsible for product development process from concept through to commercialisation of assigned products spanning NPD (New Product Development) to performance and efficiency of existing products. Owning the product stage gate process the role will manage the development of new products utilising available market data to define the specification of a new product or variant, through the stage gate process through specification, design, prototyping, and testing of assigned products to ensure they meet the guidelines for standards and functionality.
Working as part of a small cross discipline team, this hands-on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing and commissioning of units located in various worldwide locations. Drive and enthusiasm to gain an in-depth knowledge of pyrolysis is essential, combined with attention to detail and a proactive and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Assess market data to define product specifications
- Define and comply with quality control criteria and safety guidelines
- Produce detailed designs, Solid Works models, assembly and component drawings, acting as technical expert on products and processes
- Work with the Senior Mechanical Engineer to ensure that mechanical design properties (inc. material selection) meets product specification and relevant standards
- Implement and continually analyse and improve existing processes and products, including updating documentation
- CE marking of products – technical file compilation
- Participate in design reviews, HAZIDs and HAZOPs
- Appraising and interpreting requirements to ensure that technical, legislative and commercial aspects are delivered across assigned products
- Define the product improvements to meet the product specifications and regulatory compliance
- Compliance with the product stage gate processes
- Produce and maintain the product Bill of Materials
- Produce product costings via Excel and integrate into the ERP system as required
- Identifying, evaluating and managing vendors to support product development and prototyping
- Support the Supply Chain Manager to ensure effective evaluation and selection of long-term supply chain initiatives
- Design, develop, and test processes for production of products to meet proposed sales/delivery forecasts
- Design innovative production techniques and provide support to existing ones for new product development
- Support production, ensuring design for manufacture principles are adhered to
- Collaborating with machinists and manufacturing engineers to ensure manufacturability
- Developing and executing product testing protocols and documenting results
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Manage, monitor and report progress of assigned projects to major stakeholders
- Performing engineering and quality analysis of designs, prototypes and products
- Produce and refine detailed instruction manuals to manufacture, assemble, test, operate and maintain the products
- Providing technical support to the business development team as required
- Evaluate the challenges faced re product development and project delivery, take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Responsible for financial control of assigned projects
- Report on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, reporting relevant Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure adherence to Environmental, Health and Safety, engineering and quality standards and procedures
You will have
As Senior Product Development Engineer, you will have:
- BEng/Meng degree (2:1 degree or better) in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering desirable
- OR HND equivalent qualifications with a demonstratable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical systems.
- Strong technical expertise with extensive breadth and depth covering materials selection, design for fatigue, thermal assessment and development of simulation methods and tools.
- Design for manufacture mentality to deliver fit-for-purpose, high performance, reliable and maintainable mechanical design solutions.
- Experience and proven ability to use Solids Works 3D computer modelling software and 2D CAD drafting software.
- Hands on experience of assembling and maintaining mechanical equipment is desirable.
- Demonstrated advanced problem solving skills.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and able to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of stakeholders.
- Proficient with MS Office.
You will get
As Senior Product Development Engineer you will enjoy competitive salary, likely £60K-£65K plus comprehensive package TBA including Bonus, Pension & Private Medical.