HQ4947: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Job type: Permanent
The Quantity Surveyor will work for a Chartered Quantity Surveying Consultancy which provides quantity surveying, project management and specialist legal support services to the construction industry, and will be based in their Londonoffice. The Quantity Surveyor will ideally be qualified to degree level along with good communication skills, strong character with a good sense of humour, be results driven and commercially minded.
As a team player and a reasoned decision maker, the QS should be assertive without being aggressive, proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude and able to prioritise and focus on the tasks at hand.
It is expected that you will have a high level of IT skills, good technical skills, and able to read and understand technical documents, interpret contracts and the like.
The main purpose of the Quantity Surveyor will be to manage all aspects of Quantity Surveying / Estimating from Pre-Contract through to Post Contract services, to prepare final accounts and claims in line with the Company’s clients’ requirements, but also to interact with the Company’s clients including attending meetings and supporting the directors and represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, as well as building strong working relationships with existing and new clients.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Carry out general Quantity Surveying services
- Provide the lead on commercial and financial advice
- Provide procurement and contract advice and prepare the same as required
- Maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management on projects
- Commercially manage and control Subcontract packages on projects
- Assist in the protection of the Company’s contractual position on projects
- Produce and agree accounts on projects
- Prepare financial reports as required
- Attendance at management meetings
- Meeting both existing and potential new clients to promote the Company
- Team line management responsibilities
- Lead tender process and bids
- Preparing clients’ service proposals and fee proposals
- Assist with the development of the business plan.
Pre-Contract Services tasks:
- Prepare detailed measures and compile BQ documents
- Prepare feasibility studies and cost plans
- Provide procurement advice and implement
- Contract preparation
- Review contract conditions
- Provide risk management advice
- Prepare Subcontract enquiry documents
- Price tender submissions
- Manage bid submissions including the preparation of bid documents
- Meet Clients to review and discuss work carried out.
Post Contract Services tasks:
- Prepare budgetary advice including cash flows
- Manage contract document process including insurance and bond requirements
- Produce procurement schedules
- Subcontract procurement including enquiries and analysis on return
- Organise / attend pre-order Subcontract meetings
- Place Subcontract orders in due time and in a way that protects the Company’s contractual position
- Manage all other procurement as necessary
- Prepare consultant appointments
- Prepare / review valuations and issue all appropriate notices in line with the Company’s policies and the contract terms
- Maximise value recovery
- Produce reports as required including the preparation of Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) information
- Implement the Company’s valuation and cash strategy
- Understand the Company’s obligations under the Contract
- Produce and keep adequate records to enable the production of the final account and in order to safeguard the Company’s contractual position
- Aid with cash management and manage cost expenditure
- Produce final accounts
- Assist with preparation of Extension Of Time (EOT) / Loss & Expense (L&E) claims
- Deal effectively with disputes
- Attend sites and meetings necessary in the execution of all functions.
- Prepare final accounts and claims
- Assist in the resolution of disputes.
- Form good relationships with all parties
- Actively promote the Company’s image
- Compliance with the Company and their clients’ management systems
- Administration including managing drawings, copying and filing paperwork
- Any other duties which are reasonable.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000