Leading international manufacturer based in East Sussex, are currently seeking an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer to work as part of a multi-disciplined team developing the software elements of their products.
The Senior Software Development Engineer will develop and support embedded software for controllers, instrumentation and interfaces of the products.
The Senior Software Development Engineer is involved in all stages of the software development life-cycle from requirements capturing to release validation and approval.
The role will include design, implementation, testing and integration of embedded software. Many projects will require a significant 'hands-on' element, entailing skill in software architectural design, use of real time operating systems and writing of device drivers.
The role includes providing technical support to internal and external customers for existing products, giving feedback to field questions, and amending and correcting existing designs, all with rapid response and turnaround. Therefore the candidate must be a highly self-motivated problem solver who is equally able to work alone or as an effective team player.
To be considered you will need to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in a STEM subject, or has extensive experience working in software engineering
- Extensive experience in a software development
Essential knowledge areas/skills:
- Embedded software design & development
- Familiarity with software development life-cycle models, including software testing methods
- Embedded RTOS (ThreadX, MQX or FreeRTOS)
- Ethernet networks (TCP/IP & UDP)
- Software development using C++
- OO Design (SOLID principles)
- Eclipse IDE
- Software Configuration Management and Change Control
- SVN/GIT, Axosoft/Jira, TeamCity/Jenkins
- Software Testing (Unit/Integration/System)
- Agile software development methodology
- Knowledge of NXP Kinetis/ARM, i.MX6/ARM architectures
- Industrial serial comms protocols
- Modbus I/O communication, Profibus, EtherCAT
- C# /.NET
Key activities of the Software Engineer will include:
- Developing functional specifications utilising a combination of methods including UML
- HMI design and configuration using VB.net or C# including some WPF/WCF
- Process control software coding in C++
- Software documentation and release management
- Production of detailed test plans
- Support of product in factory test and on customer sites
For the right candidate the company are able to offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme, and a contributory pension.