Shift Managers - Birmingham
We are looking for Shift Managers to work for an Aerospace Supply company based in Birmingham, who are part of a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. The group serves the aerospace, power and general industrial markets.
The Shift Managers will have responsibility for managing the day-to-day operational activities within the Plant on a 4 on 4 of shift pattern. The focus of the role will be to execute the daily and weekly plans for all departments, ensuring the manpower allocation to carry them out in an efficient and productive manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for leading and motivating Team Leaders and Operators to meet specified production targets. This will include require delegation of tasks and monitoring of working practices focusing on production plan adherence via:
- The management of annual leave, time and attendance, overtime and targets on their specific shift.
- Identification and implementation improvements in machine efficiencies, material utilisation, energy usage and product quality to achieve cost reduction.
- Leading continuous improvement activities identified on site, to deliver efficiency and cost improvements.
- Supporting the SQE role when required to ensure the company's Quality Procedures and Standards are maintained.
- Support and lead HSE guidelines and improvements.
- Effective usage of quality tools such as SPC, FMEAs and other advanced quality methods.
- Ensure internal and external customer needs are understood and achieved.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be either of graduate calibre with management training and/or have equivalent experience within a management role.
- Previous exposure to aerospace manufacturing environment, including first tier supply to the aerospace industry
- Demonstrable skills in management of: - People - Information - Tasks - Continuous Improvement - Quality Systems (i.e. ISO9001, ISO18001 and ISO14001).
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels are essential.
- A dynamic individual with good organisational and influential interpersonal skills.
- Willing to be trained to a Green Belt standard in Lean Six sigma.
- Salary: - Negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Shift Premium