EB6123 Shift Plant Manager
Salary: £30,000 Circa
Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands
Hours: 4 on, 4 off pattern. Working 10 hour shifts on days only 08:00 – 18:00 hours,
with 200 hours, annual leave entitlement
Benefits: Public holidays for this role are Christmas Day, Boxing Day and
New Year’s Day, all other public holidays are incorporated in the shift pattern.
Our Client who is one of the Leading UK Chemical manufacturer of intermediates is now looking to recruit a Shift Plant Manager who will be responsible for the Control the production for a specific group of chemical manufacturing plants and will also report to the Cell Manager.
This Shift Plant Manager role comes with a very competitive salary, Public holidays for this role are Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, all other public holidays are incorporated in the shift pattern. The Shift Plant Manager will be required to work 4 on, 4 off pattern. Working 10 hour shifts on days only 08:00 – 18:00 hours, with 200 hours, annual leave entitlement
Main Duties / Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have the experience listed below and must have the ability to perform with minimum supervision.
- Control the production for a specific group of chemical manufacturing plants
- Ensure production and quality targets are met in a safe manner and take actions to ensure that the processes operate to budget.
- Provide production advice, you will be actively involved in maintaining plant operating efficiency, safety and environmental standards. You will also be responsible for effective staff allocation, training and discipline.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Degree in Chemistry or Engineering
- Experience of Line Management in fine or pharmaceutical or polymer chemical manufacture
- An understanding of essential engineering requirements of a chemical plant is desirable, along with knowledge of quality and environmental management systems, manufacturing equipment control systems and COSHH in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Excellent Planning, Communication and People Skills
- Practical approach to problem solving and a good eye for detail, with the ability to work under pressure.
- IT literacy and commercial awareness
Interested applicants in this Workshop Engineers role, will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.