A Shift Production Manager job opportunity has become available, within a leading manufacturing business. Located near Birmingham, this supplier is working through a high period of growth at the moment and is offering very competitive starting salary plus shift allowance, for the right engineering professional.
Shift Production Manager Role overview -
- Responsible for the day to day management, of operational procedures on site. Working closely with other management, the focus of the role will be to implement daily and weekly plans for all departments, ensuring that the staff allocation to carry out these activities, is completed in a proficient manner.
Shift Production Manager Responsibilities include -
- Leading and encouraging lower management and operatives, to meet the required production targets.
- Allocating tasks and monitoring of working practices on site.
- Managing staff annual leave, attendance, overtime and shift KPI's.
- Introduction of continuous improvement and cost reduction processes.
- Working closely with the Quality Team, to encourage Quality throughout the team.
- Leading HSE guidelines on site and drive incidents and accident KPI's.
- Effective use of Quality tools such as SPC and FMEAs.
- Ensuring that internal and external customer requirements are understood and reached.
Shift Production Manager Desirable Skills/Experience/Attributes -
- Experience in similar managerial position.
- Ideally experience in either Forgings, Raw materials or DIT.
- Strong working Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO18001 and ISO14001 QMS's.
- Staff performance and budget control experience.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills - able to communicate well with both internal teams and external customers.
- Proactive attitude and a keeness to help drive the business.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering education.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques.
- If not already trained in Green Belt Six sigma, willingness to learn.
Shift Production Manager Position benefits -
- Competitive starting salary (negotiable).
- Shift allowance and bonus scheme.
- Pension, health care, dental and annual leave package.
- Friendly working environment.
- Career progression opportunities.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.