Part Time - 23 hours per week
Circa £9.00/ £9.35 per hour (based on experience)
Temp - Perm
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time Site Operative to join our clients team based in Tipton.
Our client is a highly regarded and desirable 11-18 community school. Supporting the Premises Manager, you'll be responsible for the improvement, maintenance and cleanliness of the building and grounds, ensuring that the buildings, site and facilities are maintained to the highest standards for use.
Some of the duties would include;
- To assist in minor repairs and maintenance, including the inspection of required repairs and, where necessary, the identification of external contractors.
- Emergency action to minimise the effects resulting from burst pipes, vandalism, fire damage, work on site.
- To maintain the grounds, paths and boundaries.
- To organise the closing of the school premises as directed.
- Responsible for heating, lighting during lettings.
- To undertake some cleaning duties
- To ensure that the site, including all paved areas, car park, tennis courts and grassed areas are free from litter.
The successful applicant will have previous experience of working in a building maintenance role and a qualification in a relevant trade is desirable. A functional skills qualification (or willing to undertake) is essential.
The rota is planned in 1 month in advance.
Working hours - 4pm -8pm / 3pm - 7pm Monday - Friday