Slitter Setter/Operator / Temp to Perm / £9.89/£11.87 per hour
A Slitter / Slitting Line Setter / Slitting Machinist is required for a well-established steel processing company based in the Halesowen area. Duties include setting and operating a wide coil slitting line, processing various types of steel coil.
Full Duties include -
- Setting and running a wide coil slitting line, processing coils up to 1500mm wide
- Checking and setting of shimless tooling on the machine using Edgemaster
- Selecting and using correct tooling for slitting heads and separators
- First off, in process and final quality checks using measuring equipment, reporting of any non-conformance
- Loading and unloading of coil onto the machinery using a pendant overhead crane
- Supporting the line when required, banding / packing / labelling of slit coil once processed
Applicants should have experience with setting and running a wide coil slitting line, be able to set and run ALL stages of the machine, and be able to confidently oversee co-workers. Must also have an excellent awareness of health & safety checks and following procedures, as well as promoting good housekeeping on the machine.
Rate of pay is £9.89 on days. £11.87 on nights. A daily attendance allowance of £10.01 is payable after 12 weeks, making your rates effectively £10.89 and £12.87 going forward.
2 shift pattern rotating weekly of -
Days - 6am - 4:30pm Mon to Thurs, with a 2:30pm finish on Fri Nights - 6pm - 4:30am Mon to Thurs, with a 4:00pm - 12:00am on Friday.
The position is a long term contract with a view to permanent for the right person, though please bear in mind that you will be on the agency for an extended period of time.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.