Its products provide a professional and valuable financial planning solution and concentrate on high elements of capital protection or capital preservation whilst taking advantage of various tax reliefs guaranteed by HMRC and include; Inheritance Tax Portfolios, Managed Portfolios, EIS Portfolios, Corporate Management Service.
As part of its service, it:
- Constructs portfolios that focus on capital preservation and risk mitigation, whilst balancing a strategy to generate a real return
- Develops solutions that are tax-efficient and take advantage of various tax reliefs provided by HMRC
- Works with intermediaries to help generate and preserve the wealth of their clients, whilst providing valuable financial planning benefits
Working with the CTO, you will be prepared to learn new markets and will be designing, building and maintaining internal and external features. Working with the broader IT team you will support by helping to scale the systems as its user base grows and improve the overall quality, scalability and security of the codebase.
As a Software Engineer - Backend your duties will include:
- In addition to coding, take part in project planning and scoping, support with requirements and form functional and technical specs.
- Take ownership of projects, research and adopt new technologies and propose new developments and add credible insight to development discussions
- Provide technical support to our fantastic operations and client facing teams, fixing bugs, giving advice and communicating technical concepts to non-technical staff. That includes maintaining our internal and user documentation
- Providing continuous improvements in the way we collect and provide data for all teams to use when making decisions
- Improving our deployment pipeline to reduce the time taken to get changes into production
- Providing necessary data and functionality to our frontend developers, whether directly or through well-designed APIs
- Experimenting with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions to business problems
- Be a part of a self-organising, results-oriented Agile team to ship new product.
- Keeping its Stack relevant by helping to adopt a microservice-inspired architecture
- Previous experience of end to end full software development life cycle and best practice methodologies
- A proactive attitude to problem-solving is.
- Have experience of working with or be prepared to learn:
- Node JS, React, C#, GraphQL, .NET Core, Docker, Kubernetes, Go.CD
- Microservices, TDD/ATDD, Agile, Scrum
- AWS/Google Cloud
- Previous experience of working with: web application development, scalable software systems, information retrieval applications and networking.
- Hold a minimum 2:2 degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent is desirable.
To apply for this Engineer – Backend role, click apply now!