Job Title - Sous Chef
Reference No. - VC8584
Salary - £20,000
Job Type - Permanent
Location - Malton
A Sous Chef is required to join the team at busy and well-known country inn in the Malton/Driffield area of North Yorkshire that has recently acquired new owners. The successful applicant will be experienced working with fresh, local and seasonal food and be comfortable cooking up to 80 covers on busy services and ideally come from a Gastro Pub/Restaurant background, they will be adaptable and able to fit into an existing kitchen team with the chance to cover for The Head Chef during holidays and time off.
The Company - This privately-owned country inn with rooms is well established in the North Yorkshire area and recently has been taken over by a couple who are looking to push the business forward providing excellent Yorkshire food. Currently you will be expected to work 5 days a week Wednesday through to Sunday with evening service finishing at 9.30pm, although on a Sunday food service finishes at 2.30pm. They are looking for someone who can work closely alongside the Head Chef and deliver an excellent standard of food.
- To be involved in the day to day running of the kitchen including preparation, cooking & presentation of fresh food daily.
- To work with the Head Chef and Business owner in the planning of menus, seasonal specials and private event menus
- Ensure all relevant kitchen documents are up to date
- Comply with all Health & Safety, Food Safety and COSHH Requirements
- As a Sous Chef you will be expected to cover for the Head Chef on days offs and holidays
- Be actively involved in the management of stock and staff alongside the Head Chef
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Health & Safety and COSHH
- Experience working at Sous Chef Level
- Relevant Catering Qualifications either NVQ or City & Guilds
- Experience working in a gastro pub/restaurant environment
- Access to your own transport due to location of the venue
Benefits - The role of Sous Chef is offering a salary of £20,000 per year, you will be expected to work 5 out of 7 days up to 45 hours per week, there will be a mixture of split and straight shifts and you will need access to your own transport due to location of the venue. On top of your salary you will receive a share of the tips from the venue, have access to staff parking, assistance with purchasing of uniform and use of the communal staff facilities on site including changing room and shower.
Castle Employment Group is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us. Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.
Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our applications, we are unable to get in touch with every application. Therefore, if you haven't heard from one of our consultants within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.