We have a lovely opportunity for a Sous Chef to work in a Care Home in North London. The home provides a luxury, high -quality service to its elderly residents who have a range of care and nursing needs. The role is for 40 hours a week, working 5 days out of 7 including weekends. There will be occasional evening work to cover social events for the residents.
The Role for the Sous Chef:
You will be involved with the delivery of high-quality hotel style food to the residents, staff team and visitors. You will also be accountable for food standards and meeting health and safety regulations.
Main Accountabilities for the Sous Chef include:
- To ensure all food hygiene and Health & Safety practices are met
- Ensure all food produced is to the agreed standard, developing innovative approaches to ensure cultural requirements are met
- To work within Unit controls in line with the budget as communicated by your Line Manager
- Coaching, mentoring and team leading junior members
- Assisting the Head Chef with management duties
Qualifications & Experience for the Sous Chef:
- City & Guilds 7061/7062 or equivalent qualification
- Health & Hygiene NVQ Level 2
- Proficient in English
- Proven experience as a Chef/Sous Chef in the Hospitality industry, preferably a care, nursing home or hospital. (not essential)
- Able to prioritise and manage workload to meet deadlines
- A team player
- Knowledge of dietary requirements, for example allergen awareness or gluten free
- Can produce a varied menu according to diverse cultural requirements and diversity needs
- Minimum of 12 months’ work experience in the Hospitality industry
This is a good opportunity for a Sous Chef to join a highly reputable social care provider with a range of opportunities for training and career progression.
The salary is 27, 500. The successful Sous Chef will undergo full safeguarding checks.
Please send your CV to Geri Walker
Oakley Professional Recruitment are a consultancy. This is just one of several roles we are recruiting for on behalf of our partner clients.