We are currently recruiting for a talented, creative and enthusiastic Sous Chef, who is confident and capable in assisting the Head Chef in leading the kitchen Brigade in a gorgeous Gastro pub in the bustling location between Nantwich and Tarporley.
Reporting directly to the Head Chef, the key responsibilities of a Sous Chef, will include:
- To assist the Head Chef in the smooth operation of all areas of the kitchen department,
- Lead by example by means of a hands-on approach.
- Take charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Plan and allocate tasks to team members, to ensure staff are fully utilised and all sections are set to the required kitchen standard.
- Carry out and record stock checks.
- Oversee kitchen porters ensuring hygiene practises are adhered to.
- To understand and observe all Health & Safety regulations, COSHH HACCP, Food Safety and Safety at work act while on company premises.
- To communicate and liaise with all departments daily as and when required.
We are looking for a Sous Chef who is someone that enjoys being in the kitchen demonstrating excellent cooking skills across all sections. Experience of good management and leadership skills and a positive and proactive attitude who can communicate effectively and show organisation.
In return you will receive a competitive salary between £25,000 and £28,500 per annum, and the opportunity to grow within our expanding company. If you believe you have what it takes, then apply today and we will be in touch soon.