A Specification Technologist within the Food industry to work on a permanent basis, is required to join a well-established Food Processing business based within the Wakefield area, easily commutable from cities and towns throughout West Yorkshire. They are a large-scale business that are offering a very varied and diverse role.
As you can imagine the food industry is extremely fast paced so you need to be able to cope with the demands of working within an FMCG type environment albeit this is something that can be easily picked up as you adapt yourself to the needs of the business. You will be passionate about working with customers and ensuring the product writing and artwork approvals are dealt with efficiently and within strict deadlines.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- As a Technologist you will be involved in writing and maintaining customer product specifications and reviewing and approving artwork
- You will work closely with suppliers to maintain raw material specifications as well as internally with other departments
- You will be passionate about food and keeping up-to-date on EU, UK and customer polices with regards to food law whilst responding promptly and accurately to customer requests
We are keen to speak to people who have one of the following:
- Proven track record within one of the following; Food Technologist or Specification Technologist
- Resilience, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Relevant degree in a Food or related subject
- Understanding of legal labelling regulations
- Experience using product specifications and artwork systems.
This is an opportunity to be part of a leading Food business who operate on a multi-site basis, this site being one of the largest, so you can be assured that you will be kept busy and will naturally progress within the business as you take on new responsibilities as a Technologist.