EB6022 Stores Supervisor
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
Location: Rugby, West Midlands
Position: Permanent (40hrs per Week)
(Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
1 in 3 weekends (Sat and Sun 7am to 1pm)
Time off mid-week to adjust the hours back to 40hrs
We are looking to recruit a Stores Supervisor Rugby, West Midlands. This Stores Supervisor will support the “Materials & Procurement Manager ' in the selection, development and management of the supplier base for the fleet of rail grinding machines which our client maintains and operate. The role of Stores Supervisor isresponsible and accountable for the inventory management and supply of materials and services required to support the maintenance and operation of the rail grinding fleet on time and to budget.
The Stores Supervisor will have responsibility for ensuring compliance with business governance, and that all mandatory and company 'Safety, Quality & Environmental' standards are implemented and adhered to.
Applications from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) only.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
Supervise a small stores team to ensure that:-
- Sufficient staff cover to ensure we meet business requirements
- Material quotes & Purchase requisitions are raised in a timely manner
- Deliveries are inspected upon receipt and processed correctly
- Maximise availability of material whilst minimising stock levels & aligned with stock holding levels.
- Maintaining high levels of accuracy through stocktakes.
- Pick and process material requisitions and plan transport and distribution requirements for rail grinding machine shipments in a timely manner
- Reduce waste involved in ‘picking’ times by optimising procedures and stores layout and manpower utilisation across shifts
- Any other reasonable duties as required from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous Stores/warehouse procedures knowledge & experience essential
- Stock control experience essential
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Materials Management and Stores qualifications are desirable.
- Experience in the use material management functions on the business system is essential
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of quality systems and management
- In possession of a clean road vehicle driving license
- Fork Lift Truck and Pallet truck experience essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- An analytical mind.
- Ability to work safely and under own initiative without supervision.
- Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team.
- Flexible, honest and reliable with a positive outlook on the requirement to adapt to change to accommodate the business' needs.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.