Recruit4staff is proud to be representing their client, a leading manufacturing company in their search for a Structural Design Engineer to work throughout the UK
Position: Structural Design Engineer
Do you like a challenge and enjoy really owning a project? Do you like variety and get a buzz from seeing projects through from concept through to physical reality? If so, this might be for you.
For the successful Structural Design Engineer, our client is offering.
- Permanent position
- Salary between £50.000 - £60.000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 08.00 to 17.30 Monday to Friday (Must be flexible due to projects)
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme at auto-enrolment rates
- Car Allowance
The Role of the Structural Design Engineer.
- Our client is looking for an experienced Chartered (MICE or MIStructE) Engineer with experience in permanent steel, timber and concrete superstructures and substructures (10 years experience minimum).
- This requirement is essential as a key function of the role will be to lead an internal team that can separately sign off technical documents.
- Day to day the candidate will be involved in multiple schemes, from conception (planning), technical approval, detailed design, fabrication and installation.
- The ideal candidate is expected to be able to carry out many of these tasks themselves without supervision, and lead others through the same.
- On average our client is delivering two projects per week so the workload is incredibly high, and the candidate will need to take a hands-on approach to ensure we continue to hit the delivery timescales.
- This is an unusual role for an engineer and requires a lot of thinking on your feet in a dynamic environment. Equally the ideal candidate will need to ensure a methodical approach to the design; being an engineer who is able to understand codes of practice, deliver detailed structural calculations for economical and buildable designs, and be aware of contract processes, all in a pressured environment.
- Engineering Management and Designs that are assigned, including the use of external contractors as required.
- Producing Designs, including calculations and technical documentation, and arranging for the production and checking of engineering drawings.
- Ensuring the produced drawings are accurate, detailed using 3D and/or 2D software.
- Checking bills of materials, including specification of materials, finishes and fixings.
- Ensure designs are compliant with contract specifications, codes of practice, industry, and health and safety standards.
- Manage engineering workload within team.
- Develop and manage engineering standards.
- Develop standard details and new products, based on project feedback, to improve the quality and speed of future delivery of schemes.
- Introduce a new technology (including BIM implementation) and methods to improve the performance of sales, engineering and construction.
- Provide support to sales, fabrication and construction teams (including site visits)
- Coaching & support for engineers and engineering technicians
What our client is looking for in a Structural Design Engineer.
- Chartered Engineer (MICE or IStruct E) Essential
- Substantial Bridge Design experience
- Experience of DMRB, MCHW and NR Standards
- Experience of 3D Design/Fabrication software such as Tekla Structures or the Autodesk project range
- Experience of detailing of temporary and permanent works in steel, timber, and concrete.
- Experience of communicating with steel, timber, and concrete fabricators.
- Experience of BIM
- Experience of design visualisation to assist sales, project managers, clients, and site teams.
- Experience of Engineering Management and Process Management and Development
- Experience of developing standards and standard solutions.
- Experience of Construction site activities and the production of SHEQ documents
- Experience of construction contracts
- Experience of CDM Regulations
Key skills or similar Job titles as the Structural Design Engineer:
Structural Design Engineer, Lead Engineer, Chartered Engineer, Structural Engineer, Senior Design Engineer
The Structural Design Engineer position is Commutable From;
Shrewsbury, Shropshire, Telford, Midlands, Welshpool, Chester, Cheshire, Birmingham, Cannock, Stoke, Crewe, Wales
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as a recruitment agency, agent, agencies, employment agency, or employment business.