£25,000 - £35,000
Full time, permanent
Iconic Modular Projects| Cold Rolled and Hot Rolled Steel | Form the foundation of company's UK Operations
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join a company who are growing, and to be in at the start of a new UK-based office (with plans to grow UK sites beyond this). Working out of the West Midlands UK Hub you will form part of a 40 strong and growing team. The vision is that this site will be the UK Centre of Excellence for Offsite construction for the business in the UK. They work primarily on panelised and modular construction projects, and have a growing traditional engineering base responsible for foundations and podium slabs. There is extensive variety in their projects, providing you with the opportunity to work on some of the most iconic modular projects in the world.
- Your responsibilities as Structural Engineer include -
- Production of structural designs primarily associated with cold formed steel and structural steel elements;
- Production of technical details using AutoCAD/Revit;
- Assisting Senior Structural Engineers as required;
- Liaising with clients, contractors and consultants;
- Providing design office support to production departments;
- Assisting with drawing queries from Estimating Department and commercial staff on technical matters;
- Minimum of two years of experience in a similar role (experience of structural steel and cold formed steel design preferred but not essential);
- Strong working knowledge of structural software (eg Tedds, Masterseries REVIT etc) as well as a proficiency in AutoCAD and MS Excel
- At least HND qualified in Civil/Structural Engineering or similar discipline
- Excellent working knowledge of UK Building Regulations, British Standards and Eurocodes;
- Institution of Structural Engineers and currently working towards a professional title (e.g. Chartered Engineer) and/or Membership of Engineers Ireland
- Experience in the offsite sector.
This excellent Engineering Consultancy encourages Continuing Professional Development and will support you to work towards Chartered Engineer status. They have a collaborative approach to work and provide cross department support. Benefits include Performance Related/Profit Share bonus scheme, 21 days' holiday plus statutory holidays and enrolment onto the company pension scheme after successful completion of your probation period.
If you are interested in this exciting new role, please apply today or call Paul Blackwell on 0117 959 2008 for further information.