Support Worker - Learning Disabilities - Egremont
This is a great opportunity to enhance the lifes of young adults who have a learning disability. You will be working in a residential care setting as a Support Worker that supports adults who have a learning disability and some cleints also have a physical disability.
The company is looking for people to work as part of a team that supports their client in reaching their full potential in the supported living environment and in the community. You will need to be a driver for this role as some of the services are not situated within good transport links.
We have a number or roles across Egremont, Frizington, Moresby Park and Whitehaven - both full and part time hours available.
In reward for this great opportunity as a Supported Living Support Worker you will receive:
- A very competitive payrate
- Holiday pay
- Pension scheme
- Excellent training and development
- Free parking
The ideal candidate will have a true compassion for wanting to support others and who also drive.
The support Worker role includes: -
- Supporting the clients with their personal care
- Helping the clients in making their daily meals
- Accompanying the clients to their medical appointments
- Accompanying the clients on social visits, such as, swimming, the gym, shopping, horse riding, cinemas trips and general activities
- General Housekeeping
- Provide medication
- Participating in the planning and implementation of personal development plans and person centred plans
- Updating care plans
As well as having experience of the above, as a Supported Living Support Worker you will also need to be up to date with your full mandatory training
Support Worker Applicant must have the following requirements: -
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enjoy being active and supporting clients when they go out into the community
- Enjoy working creatively with clients
- Be able to work flexible hours including weekends (sleep ins or waking nights are only offered as overtime in this role)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Be a car driver
If you feel this is the role for you, please apply as soon as possible, or call to speak to Becky on 0208 731 5288 for further information.
The successful candidate will be expected to have an enhanced DBS.