Support Worker/ Driver
We have a new opportunity for a Support Worker /Driver to work in a community centre in North West London. The community centre is vibrant and diverse. It welcomes and supports the elderly and those with mental health challenges and learning difficulties. The post is for 40 hours a week and the salary s £20, 300.
As Support Worker /Driver, you will be responsible for supporting your colleagues and the Centre Manager with the well-being and personal care of your clients.
Key Duties of the Support Worker /Driver also include
- Updating the transport list and ensuring the minibuses are full
- Collecting clients from their homes to the centre and back to their homes
- Helping with the delivery of the Meals on Wheels service to the clients’ homes
- Ad hoc driving duties as and when required
- Ensuring vehicles are kept clean and road worthy
- Monitoring and reporting clients’ attendance to the centre
- Maintaining health and safety
- Welcoming clients to the centre and helping them feel included and engaged
- To lead and supervise on some outings, some of which will be at the weekend
- To lead and promote a range of creative activities for the community centre users
- To engage, listen and interact with the clients
- To support volunteers
- To complete all administrative and financial tasks associated with the post
Qualifications/Experience required for the Support Worker/Driver post
- NVQ Level 2 in care
- Experience working with the elderly and vulnerable
- Experience working in a community centre or some form of community work
- Commitment to high quality-person centred care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literate
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Ability to remain calm and work well under pressure
- Ability to assess service users and identify appropriately their support, care and transport needs
- Able to work effectively in a team and alone
- Ability to carry out supervisions and appraisals
- ESSENTIAL TO HAVE A CLEAN UK DRIVING LICENCE WITH CATEGORY D1
- Previous experience in a similar role as a Support Worker/Driver desirable
This is the chance to work for an excellent company with fantastic training and development opportunities and career progression.
To apply for this post please send your CV. Please indicate on your CV that you hold a category D1 driving licence and are available 40 hours a week with flexibility in your working patterns.
Oakley Professional Recruitment are a consultancy, and this is just one of a number of opportunities we are recruiting to in the health and social care sector. The successful candidate will undergo full referencing and safeguarding checks.