On behalf of a well-established accountancy practice in Maidenhead, we are recruiting for a Tax Associate to join the firm’s tax team. The role will involve self-assessment tax returns, accounts production and undertaking project work as required into various tax issues, principally related to income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
Reporting directly to the Tax Compliance Manager, Tax Partner, and other partners as necessary, the Tax Associate will carry out the following:
- Preparing self-assessment tax returns for individuals, partnerships and trusts & estates
- Production of self-employed accounts and rental income statements
- Preparing other tax claims & forms such as VAT returns, tax credit claims, P11D forms etc.
- Assisting Tax Managers in tax enquiry work for both private and business clients
- Researching tax planning issues and transactional tax matters
- Preparing written correspondence, communications, and other documents for submission to clients, professional contacts and the tax authorities
- Liaising with clients and HMRC as necessary
- Participating fully in the regular tax departmental meetings
- Building, maintaining and developing in a professional manner, existing client relationships
- Ensuring compliance with the firm’s published policies and procedures
- Undertaking clerical and administrative work such as scanning, indexing and filing tax related documentation as necessary
To be considered for this role, applicants will satisfy the following criteria:
- Be qualified, part-qualified or qualified by experience, with previous experience gained within a practice environment
- Have good IT skills; a sound working knowledge of MS Office and knowledge of accounting and tax software
- There will be interaction with clients, so a smart, business-like and professional manner is expected
- Good organisational and communication skills are essential
In return for your skills and experience, this highly professional firm will pay a competitive salary with good benefits and provide full training and study support.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
This may not be your perfect role today, so register your details here and we will contact you as suitable vacancies arise.
Submit your CV for this Tax Associate role