An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Tax Senior to join the Tax Department of a well-established accountancy practice in Maidenhead. The role will involve completing and reviewing self-assessment and trust & estate returns.
The successful candidate will report to the Tax Managers & Tax Partner directly, and other partners as necessary, and undertake project work as required into various tax issues principally related to income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
Within this role, the Tax Senior will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing a client portfolio and ensuring timely billing
- Preparing self-assessment tax returns for individuals, partnerships and Trusts & Estates
- Calculating and reconciling tax liabilities
- Production of self-employed accounts and rental income statements
- Preparing other tax claims such as VAT returns, tax credit claims etc
- Assisting managers & partners in tax enquiry work into private clients and business clients
- Preparing forms P11d/ P11D(b) forms and associated workings
- Preparing forms EMI 40 and Form 42
- Researching tax planning issues and transactional tax matters
- Preparing written correspondence, communications, and other documents for submission to clients, professional contacts and the tax authorities
- Participating fully in the regular tax departmental meetings, including ideas to improve performance
- Building, maintaining and developing existing client relationships in a professional manner
- Ensuring compliance with the firm’s published policies and procedures
To be considered for this position, applicants will satisfy the following:
- Preferably be qualified, although, an exceptional part-qualified or QBE person would be considered
- Have significant accountancy and tax experience gained within a practice environment
- Be IT literate with a strong knowledge of MS Office and accountancy software
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be well presented with a professional mind set
- Have a business minded outlook
- Work well on own initiative and as part of a team
The Tax Senior will receive a competitive salary and benefits, enjoy a supportive working environment and have the opportunity to thrive within this forward-thinking practice.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
This may not be your perfect role today, so register your details here and we will contact you as suitable vacancies arise.
Submit your CV for this Tax Senior role