Factory Technical Manager
£40,000 Per Annum
Monday – Friday
Our client based in York are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager within their food production factory. Over the past 10 years, our client has built up their reputation of being experts in product safety and are highly respected within multiple industries.
As Factory Technical Manager you will be responsible for upholding and influencing these high standards and keeping the extensive data records up to date. This is a key role within the company where you will be required to be highly influential across all areas of the business.
Your keys tasks as a Technical Manager will be;
- Ensuring the right level of technical resources are in place across site to ensure food safety, legality and quality are maintained
- Upkeep of all product sorting data with reports back into the Operations team
- Upkeep of departmental KPIs, ensuring the correct ones are maintained and reported
- Upkeep of site accreditations and customer policies. In particular the maintaining of BRC grade AA+ site status
- Implementation & maintenance of internal site procedures & policies
- Customer and authority visit and audit co-ordination
- Driving continuous improvement
- Upkeep of all technical documentation
- Customer specification upkeep
- Maintenance of site PC system (QC & stock data capture)
- Upkeep of quality control, and quality assurance systems
- System developments / improvement initiatives
- External analysis sample collation, testing and result checking.
- Positive release of stock
- General help to QA manager including absence cover
- Working with supplier assurance and business development manager on the supply chain and new project integration
Your attitude and skills;
- You should be a natural people person
- Have the ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Be well Organized
- Have a good understanding of Lean methods
- Have an analytical brain and computer Literate
- Be self-Motivated
- You should have technical management experience
- Have experience of QC & QA regimes in a food factory.
- Have experience of internal auditing in a food factory
- HACCP level 3 or higher
- Food hygiene level 4 or equivalent / higher related science subject.
If you are an experienced technical manager or are looking to start a new career in an exciting and developing company, please submit your full and up to date CV, or call us on 01904 677000 to discuss the positon.
Due to the amount of application we receive, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, please assume your application is not being taken further, but thank you for your interest in the position.