A rapidly expanding company in the Shropshire area are looking for a Technical Services Team Leader. Working in the Technical Service Centre you will be assisting with the management of the day-to-day activity, development, effectiveness and quality of the work undertaken by the team.
- To manage the day-to-day activities of the team in accordance with company procedures, including delegation of tasks where needed;
- Ensuring team guidelines are adhered to at all times;
- To develop the skill sets and competencies of the team, including help with personal development plans and training schedules;
- To monitor the performance of the team and the individual members against performance objectives and targets set;
- To perform hands on technical work to maintain technical knowledge and therefore provide overflow capacity when required by the team;
- To lead by example and assist the team to achieve its set targets;
- To liaise with the team managers regarding support and customer issues and escalate where required;
- The creation of new and the reviewing of current documentation including team briefings;
- To help with the management of team motivation which would include reporting any issues back to the team management;
- Perform HR activities for all direct reports, including, but not limited to sickness reviews, one to ones, appraisals.
- Support and mentor team members, providing on the job training where required;
- Collaborate with teams to achieve fault resolution;
- Keep up to date with the company's service portfolio;
- Liaise with other internal departments over any customer queries/disputes or escalations;
- To work within a team and keep a pleasant working environment;
- To continually keep abreast of new procedures and implement when necessary;
- To suggest improvements to management in relation to working practices;
- To provide support during out of hours as per your contract and when scheduled to maintain the quality of customer service;
- To schedule the staff rota system;
- To diagnose customers problems as methodically and efficiently as possible;
- Telephone and email support for customers, including logging of issues on internal systems;
- To effectively manage technical support complaints within agreed SLAs and produce reports where applicable.
- Communicate with 3rd parties including fault logging;
- Managing special faults investigation charges where applicable;
- To ensure customer compliance with acceptable use policy via processing of abuse reports;
- Provide reports / advice to management when required;
- Any other tasks that may occur from day to day within the department.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experiences please email your CV. We look forward to receiving your application.