A telecommunications company that specialises in bespoke managed service solutions that is involved in the introduction and delivery of cutting-edge fibre optics to the UK & Ireland are seeking multiple Field Surveyors. The Telecom Field Surveyor will be surveying, planning, and designing cost effective FTTx networks for enabling residential and business customers.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Where applicable, review & record all customer demand points
- Review & record all proposed routes
- Review & record all nodal boundaries
- Review & record LOC Areas
- Identify & record Special Engineering Difficulties and Risks to the project delivery
- Complete site specific risk assessment
- Identify & record traffic sensitive areas
- Speaking with the public and 3rd party stakeholders to enable identifying wayleaves
- Ensure design has no conflict with 3rd party plant records.
- Good PC skills, updating field survey information on hand-held devices.
- Previous experience in telecoms civils excavations
- Previous experience working on FTTH/FTTP BT networks
- Must have A9 Safety UG and NRSWA SLG Card
- Understanding of routing of telecom wiring from point-to-point
- Flexible and adaptable to work challenges and open to learn and develop skills
- Ability to multi-task and work to a high standard
- A detailed-oriented approach to work
- A high standard of written and spoken English
- Good negotiating skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
- Willingness to travel
- Must have vehicle + driving licence
Day rate of £140 – higher rate considered if experience with BT Openreach / BT tickets
Unit incentive – details to be confirmed at a later date
Provisional fuel card
Tablet & tools provided