We are currently recruiting for an experienced Test Technician to work in this fast-paced company.
The main purpose of this Test Technician role is the Inspection and testing of mechanically wired and soldered assemblies and PCBs using various inspection and test equipment and following of build notes, test schedules, Standard Operating Procedures, bills of materials, detailed drawings and pictures.
Key tasks of this Test Technician role include:
- Completing inspection and test workload to manufacture specifications and within time constraints.
- Ensuring wiring, soldering or mechanically assembled equipment is consistent with quality at all times and to follow build notes, Standard Operating Procedures, bills of materials, detailed drawings and pictures.
- Functionality test box build assemblies, looms and PCB'S following the test schedules and using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, breakout boxes, cirrus testers, digital multi-meters, earth bonding and insulation test equipment.
- Providing feedback to production staff on error finding and support to corrective actions in order to promote improvements in quality and efficiency.
- Maintaining workspace cleanliness and safety, correct storage of kits and responsibility for own tools (requirements and safekeeping)
- Completing accurately relevant production forms indicating kit inaccuracy (shortage, over-issue, BOM adjustment) and material issues (damaged and faulty material).
To be considered we are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Test Technician experience
- Ability to read electrical schematics and engineering drawings
- Be able to use digital multi-meter, LCR meters, Oscilloscopes and machine testers
- Be able to fault find down to component level
- Working knowledge of PLCs, RF and high power.
In return, our clients are offering competitive rates of pay. The working hours are Monday - Thursday 7.45am - 4.30pm, Friday 7.45am - 1pm.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.