Job Title: Tester - CRM and Channels
Salary: £40k to £45k
We are a G15 housing association with strong heritage. Having just implemented a large CRM application (MS Dynamics) across the organisation, we are now moving to the next phase. There is an ambitious programme of work to use CRM to improve many aspects of customer experience, including the support for new channels, digitisation of existing processes, and innovation through new technology.
This role requires someone able to create and execute tests based upon specifications of features and user stories and capture the results of testing so that the rest of the team can take appropriate action.
Purpose of the role:
To ensure that new and changed features created by the delivery team are fit-for-purpose and operate without defect prior to the release to live.
Testers work with other team members, other delivery teams and other teams within the I.T. department to ensure that the service delivered to the business users is of the highest standard.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
To function as an effective member of the Scrum team, working to Company's Scrum practice. This includes the supporting of other team members in their work and where necessary assisting with other tasks, such as testing, training or investigation of defects.
To work with Developers, Business Analysts, the Product Owner and business users to fully understand the requirements for items to be built so that appropriate tests can be applied.
To analyse features and user stories and create appropriate test scenarios and scripts.
To execute manual tests against new and changed features, capture the results of testing and work with the other Scrum delivery team members to resolve any defects or issues.
To apply the automated regression test pack and run manual elements of regression testing to ensure overall quality and stability of new application builds.
To support the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Lead Developers and Delivery Manager with information to enable effective work planning and team operation.
To actively participate in support of live products, including investigation and resolution of defects.
To participate in the release of new features and changes into the live environment. This includes occasional working outside the usual core hours.
To maintain documentation in accordance with established team and organisation standards to support the ongoing support, maintenance and enhancement of the CRM and Channels products.
To participate constructively in the continuous improvement of the team methods.
To maintain knowledge of industry trends in technical practice and testing products.
* Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
* Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
* Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
* To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organization
Role Specific Skills/Experience:
performing the tester role in a Scrum-agile context, including a clear understanding of how the Scrum team operates.
* Experience of manual testing from test scripts and the communication of test results.
* Ability to create tests and test scripts from user story acceptance criteria.
* REQUIRED - Ability to write and maintain well-formed test scenarios at a feature level.
* Experience performing exploratory testing.
* Good knowledge of testing techniques and practice.
* Experience of working in the Social Housing sector.
* Experience of using MS Team Foundation Server and MS Test Manager for the management of requirements and test information.
* Experience testing with Dynamics CRM products.
* Ability to contribute to the creation of automated tests and a knowledge of BDD.
* ISTQB or ISEB certification to Foundation level.
* Under-graduate degree or equivalent in a computing discipline.
* 3+ years as a tester of software applications.
|Location||London||Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Salary||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum||Sector||IT|