Do you have your sights set on becoming a qualified chartered account? Our client, a well-established accountancy practice in Slough, is recruiting for a Trainee Audit & Accounts Junior to join its friendly team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm that will set you on course to obtain the ACCA qualification.
Working in the Audit & Accounts Department, the primary focus of the role will be working on limited company accounts and audits.
The Trainee Audit & Accounts Junior will carry out the following:
- Audit work, including visiting client sites
- Statutory, partnership and sole-trader accounts
- Management accounts
- VAT return preparation
- An element of basic tax preparation (CT600 and self-assessment) but this is mainly covered by a separate department
As a trainee, you will not be expected to be able to carry out the above unassisted in the first instance, however, some basic knowledge of accountancy would be advantageous.
To be considered for this position, you will satisfy the following criteria:
- Be enthusiastic to work in a busy accountancy practice and in time, and through hard work, become a qualified ACCA accountant
- You will have good A Level grades, especially in Maths and English and maybe have started studying an accountancy qualification, ie. AAT
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT literate with knowledge of MS Office; familiarity with accounting software would be useful
- Be amiable and well presented
- Preferably have a full driving licence and access to a car, or working towards it
This practice will offer the Trainee Audit & Accounts Junior a competitive salary and benefits package, a full study package, including study leave and a supportive, friendly working environment, within which, you can thrive. Excellent career progression prospects.
This may not be your perfect role today, so register your details here and we will contact you as suitable vacancies arise.
Submit your CV for this Trainee Audit & Accounts Junior role
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.