Trainee Recruitment Consultant
Meridian Business Support are expanding and currently have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Recruitment Consultant with a strong with ethic, lots of motivation and enthusiasm to join our very busy Industrial team in Chester.
A career in recruitment is very challenging, pressurised and demanding and requires a unique set of attributes including persistence, confidence, initiative, teamwork, commitment and taking pride in setting and meeting high standards of customer service. These attributes combined bring successful people an incredibly rewarding and progressive career.
If you want to develop a career where potential is recognised and rewarded we would like to hear from you.
Who are we?
Meridian Business Support is one the UK's largest multi award winning independent recruitment agencies and are proud to be celebrating 30 years within the recruitment industry this year. We are a very friendly bunch and have a fantastic reputation within the industry. Working at Meridian is very much about being part of one family where a healthy balance of work and play are important to us. Our recent survey results showed 98% of our employees are happy at work, 89% have fun at work and 92% would refer someone to work for us!
Reporting directly to the Branch Manager your role as Trainee Recruitment Consultant will be a full 360 degree recruitment role where you will be responsible for the entire recruitment process from client engagement to placement of successful candidates into relevant vacancies.
- Business development and being proactive in making both cold call and warm canvass calls
- Building and maintaining partnerships with new and existing clients and candidates
- Sourcing and matching candidates to vacancies
- Booking and registering candidates
- Ensuring compliance documentation is in accordance with legislative requirements
- Delivering exceptional customer service to clients and candidate
The successful candidate:
- Previous sales experience essential - face to face or telephone based
- Ability to build rapport with clients and candidates
- Articulate with ability to sell
- Have drive and ambition to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Team player
What we offer you….
In return for your hard work we offer:
- Opportunity to work with one of the largest privately owned recruitment agencies in the UK
- Competitive salary £18K - £20K plus excellent benefits
- Birthday day off
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Dress down Fridays
- First class training and the opportunity to gain industry accredited qualifications
- Opportunity for career progression
- Annual awards conference and dinner plus many more…
For more details regarding this fantastic opportunity please contact Dawn Fish, Talent Acquisition Manager at Meridian Business Support on 07734 147479 or email email@example.com.
As part of the offer process, all successful candidates will be required to give their consent to complete a basic DBS disclosure. For roles with budgetary responsibility, successful candidates will also be required to give their consent to the completion of a credit check. All job offers are subject the consideration of vetting results, in addition to the receipt of satisfactory references.
Meridian are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. If you have a disability, as a Disability Confident Employer we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require with Dawn Fish, our Talent Acquisition Manager.