Trailer Planning Assistant - VR/20390
The Company & Role:
Our client, a leading logistics and distribution company operating in over 120 countries, are looking for a Trailer Planning Assistant to join their team in Dartford, Kent.
- Assisting in planning vehicles in the UK, working alongside an experienced Vehicle Router, to control the levels of freight for collection and delivery
- UK routing of Trailers - full and part loads
- Delivering cargo from single box, to full trailer loads to RDC, shops, industrial business and private addresses, so a knowledge of vehicle routing to achieve maximum vehicle fill is essential
- Working with a Regional Distribution Partner within the companys internal network, for all collections and deliveries in a specified region
- Excellent geographical knowledge of the UK is required as well as Drivers Hours regulations, working time directive regulations, with a good attention to detail
Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience with traffic routing, preferably within the general freight sector
- IT Literate
- Good communication skills
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Knowledge of vehicle capacity and weight
0900/1730hrs with 1hr lunch. Times however may be moved to suit the job requirement and will also require additional hours to complete the days work where required.
You will receive a salary of £21-23k depending on previous experience.
If you're interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the Shipping Team on email@example.com.