Athwal Resourcing is recruiting exclusively and on a retained basis for a newly created role for a UK Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join an exceptional, fast paced, overseas-owned sales and manufacturing business based in Telford. The business is a dynamic group of companies that have enjoyed rapid growth over the last few years both organically and via acquisition. Their growth in the UK over the past few years has meant the Group is in need of a high calibre CFO to join the leadership team and to work closely with the UK CEO and parent company CFO. The UK CFO will help drive the business forward and springboard the Group and its companies in the UK. The business is committed to continued growth and investment.
You will be responsible for taking on a strategic finance leadership role for the UK operations and will provide financial input to the UK Board on potential acquisitions. As UK CFO, you will oversee the overall accounting functions for the UK operations, ensuring the management accounting, financial reporting and robust financial controls and disciplines are in place within all the UK subsidiaries and in line with the parent company's reporting policies. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing financial procedures into the new acquisitions, and to maintain and improve the financial health of all the UK subsidiaries and future acquisitions. You will be instrumental in ensuring financial performance is in line with the strategic goals, and that opportunities as well as the risks are communicated. As UK CFO, you will be an integral part of the senior leadership team to find solutions to critical issues and manage the relationship with external parties.
Reporting to the UK CEO, this newly created position of UK CFO has wide-ranging responsibilities including:
- Strategic Direction Execute the company's financial strategy for UK operations;
- Finance Control Fully responsible for the control and reporting of the manufacturing businesses and its trading companies, maintaining robust and timely financial reporting, reviewing monthly accounts and ensuring all day to day accounting is completed accurately;
- Finance Performance Preparation of Board Reports and ensure full transparency to the Board on the UK Group's financial performance and be fully responsible for the consolidated financial accounts for the UK Group. Together with effectively communicating potential opportunities and risks promptly;
- Operational Excellence Business partner the operational managers on commercial and financial matters and attending executive meetings to establish financial control as well as driving operational excellence in development of management reporting and a dashboard of KPI reports to meet strategic targets. As well as provide advice on how to increase profitability within the Group;
- Finance Controls Ensure high-quality financial controls are in place and standardise the procedures across the Group;
- Finance Plans Work closely with the UK CEO and be the lead for the financial delivery of the strategic plan and annual budgeting process and forecasting; proposing action plans to ensure that yearly financial objectives are attained;
- Cash flow Review of weekly cash-flows forecasts and reporting including working capital management;
- Liaison with External Authorities Managing and coordinating all the year-end processes and being the point of contact for the external auditors, tax authorities and bank relationships;
- Staff Management and leadership for a team of multi-sited finance and support staff. Responsible for the recruitment, performance and development of all the financial accounting staff, ensuring personal development plans and training needs are recognised;
- Costing Understanding the product and contract costs and expense drivers for the business; active participation in operational and commercial initiatives and assisting in the development of costing systems;
- IT Implementation Be the finance lead to implement Pegasus throughout the UK subsidiaries;
- Commercial Lead On Growth strategies and on potential acquisitions and ensuring thorough due diligence is completed;
- Initiatives and Ad hoc projects Working with the CEO on strategic and commercial initiatives and finance control across the company.
The successful candidate will be:
- Graduate calibre with accountancy qualification of ACCA, CIMA, ACA;
- Extensive experience in a senior financial leadership position;
- Multi-sited expertise within the manufacturing sector and ideally from Audit/accounts preparation;
- Have demonstrable experience in growing businesses, organically as well as via acquisition;
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and integrated ERP systems;
- Results-focused, strategic thinker and planner;
- Continually challenges & influences key personnel to make balanced decisions for the benefit of the whole business;
- Confident in reporting to overseas Group parent;
- Excellent leadership skills in managing a multi-sited finance team;
- Keen to work autonomously and have the ability to think pro-actively;
- Able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
This role is ideally suited to either an SME Finance Director looking for a multi-sited growing group who is ambitious to grow as the Group grows.
All unsolicited CVs will be forwarded onto Athwal Resourcing for review.