Warehouse Manager - Airfreight - VR/19996
The Company & Role:
Our client, a global logistic, freight forwarding & supply chain specialist company is looking for a Warehouse Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Warehouse Manager will oversee and manager the day to day operation of the Warehouse ensuring safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods.
Duties of the Warehouse Manager:
- Achieve warehouse operational objectives by recommending and reviewing current practices; prepare and complete action plans; resolve problems and identify trends
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork to ensure productivity targets are met
- Respond positively to new business opportunities to maximise the potential of the warehouse facility
- Ensure safe operations and adherence to Health and Safety Executive requirements
- Maintain the security of the warehouse and safeguard property
- Comply with aviation security regulations including but not limited to; carrying out audits, keeping up to date on regulation changes and overseeing the training records
- Ensure quality and customer service standards are met
- Demonstrate and apply financial and commercial understanding of the business to manage costs and maximise financial return
- Plan the orders for delivery and pickup to meet customer schedules, including staff levels and storage requirements
- Ensure stock takes are completed regularly and any discrepancies are dealt with and communicated in a timely manner
- Train and develop the warehouse team, as well as monitor and manage performance
- Manage the effective use of technology, make suggestions for improvements or developments to streamline processes
- Produce regular reports and statistics on warehouse performance
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department
Experience needed for the Warehouse Manager:
- Previous experience in Airfreight Warehouse Operations
- Strong Excel and Word IT skills
- An understanding of Health & Safety procedures
- Track record of managing teams of warehouse operatives
The successful Warehouse Manager will receive a salary of circa £40 - 45K depending on previous experience.
If you're interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the Shipping team on email@example.com.