Warehouse Operations Manager - Tilbury, Essex - VR/20176
The Company & Role:
Our client, an international freight and logistics company, is seeking a Warehouse Operations Manager to join their expanding team.
Main purpose of the role:
To effectively manage all warehouse staff and all shift operations. Ensuring that the warehouse operation is compliant with all legal and regulatory requirements, including the Civil Aviation Authority; H M Customs and Revenue; the Health & Safety Executive and the Company's own policies and procedures.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining effective processes and procedures to improve inventory records and accuracy
- Ensuring comprehensive, accurate and useful data collection for all aspects of Warehouse activity
- Producing weekly activity and productivity reports and analysing data to recommend and implement improvements
- Deputising in the General Managers absence
- Effectively managing and developing the Stock Controllers and Warehouse Supervisors
- Substantial experience in Retail, FMCG or 3PL logistics with an operational background
- Proven, strong leadership skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- IT literacy
- Good internal and external customer service & communication skill
- Self-motivation and ability to work without supervision
- Experience in leading and participating in teams effectively
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm and drive to achieve KPIs, targets and objectives
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to identify and report problems
The hours are 45 per week.
Salary circa £45-50k depending on previous experience.
If you're interested in the Warehouse Operations Manager role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV, or email the Shipping Team on email@example.com